The IEHS is home to the CURES Center. IEHS is a core of research scientists who use state-of-the-art technologies to identify the central mechanisms that lead to environmentally-linked disease.
The CURES Center is a diverse team of scientists, clinicians, public health professionals, educators and community leaders working together to build a healthy living and working environment in the City of Detroit. Located in the heart of the “motor city” and situated on the Wayne State University urban campus, the CURES Center motto is “Gateway to a Healthy Detroit.”
CURES is dedicated to:
- Voicing community concerns about environmental safety
- Identifying environmental stressors that affect human health in urban Detroit
- Discovering mechanisms that lead to disease susceptibility
- Developing workable solutions to public health problems
- New NIH study to research the risk of hearing loss in Detroit firefighters
- CURES 2017 - 2018 Seminar Series Announced!
- Wayne State receives $7.5 m NIH renewal for environmental center
- CURES Investigator Dr. Shawn McElmurry to lead independent team looking at the Legionella cases in Flint water crisis