Institute of Environmental Health Sciences
(313) 961-0014 / (313) 961-1069 (Phone)
(313) 577-0082 (Fax)
a. Selected Research Papers (since 1991)
- Identification of the ATP binding sites of the CPSase of the multifunctional protein CAD by affinity labeling with 5'-[p-(fluorosulfonyl)-benzoyl]adenosine. H. Kim, L. Lee and D. R. Evans (1991) Biochemistry 30, 10322-10329.
- The structural organization of the hamster multifunctional protein, CAD: controlled proteolysis, domains and linkers. H. Kim, R. Kelly & D. R. Evans (1992) J. Biol. Chem. 267, 7177-7184.
- Evidence for elevation of CYP2E1 mRNA levels in rat kidney following pyridine administration. H. Kim, S. G. Kim, M. Lee and R. Novak (1992) Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 186, 846-853.
- Enhanced expression of rat hepatic CYP2B1/2B2 and 2E1 by pyridine: differential induction kinetics and molecular basis of expression. H. Kim, D. Putt, S. Reddy, P.F. Hollenberg & R.F. Novak (1993) J. Pharmacol. Exp. Ther.267,927-936.
- Pyridine induction of rat renal cytochrome P4502E1: Immunohistochemical localization and quantification J. A. Hotchkiss, H. Kim, R. F. Novak and A. R. Dahl. (1995).Toxicol. Letters 78, 1-7.
- 3-Methylcholanthrene (3-MC) and pyridine (PY) effects on CYP1A1, 1A2 expression in rat renal tissue as monitored by PCR. H.Kim, S.Reddy and R.F. Novak. (1995) Drug Metab. Dispos. 23,818-824.
- Production of a form-specific, inhibitory antibody for rat P450 2B1 using a peptide antigen for a putative substrate binding site. J. Charnecki, D. Putt, E.Y. Kim, and H. Kim. (1995) Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 216, 1024-1033.
- Cytochromes P450 are expressed in proliferating cells in Barrett's metaplasia. H.J. Hughes, M.A. Morse, H. Kim, P.F. Guengerich, P.B. Watkins, M. B. Orringer, & D. G. Beer. (1999) Neoplasia, 1,145-153.
- The metabolism of genistein by rat liver microsomes and recombinant human cytochrome P450 enzymes. E. S. Roberts-Kirchhoff, J. R. Crowley, P. F. Hollenberg, and H. Kim (1999) Chem. Res. Toxicol. 12, 610-616.
- Effect of calcium channel antagonists on rat cytochrome P-450 2B and 3A forms. R. C. Zangar, J. R. Okita, H. Kim, P. E. Thomas, A. Anderson, R. J. Edwards, D. L. Springer and R. T. Okita (1999) J. Pharmacol. Exp. Ther. 290, 1436-41.
- Differential induction of rat hepatic P450 3A, 2B and 2E1 in response to pyridine treatment. H. Kim, D.A. Putt, R.C. Zangar, C.R. Wolf, F.P. Guengerich, R.J. Edwards, P.F. Hollenberg, R.F. Novak (2001 )Drug Metab. Dispos. 29, 353-360.
- Cytochrome P450 3A conjugation to ubiquitin in a process distinct from classical ubiquitination pathway. R. C. Zangar, A. L. Kimzey, J. R. Okita, D. S. Wunschel, R. J. Edwards, H. Kim and R. T. Okita (2002) Mol. Pharmacol. 61, 892-904.
- Computational characterization of a series of eicosanoids. A. S. A. Gracon, S. J. Pernecky, M. C. Milletti, J.-A Park, Y. Yuan and H. Kim (2005) Letters in Drug Design & Discovery 2, 322-328.
- Global gene expression profiling unveils S100A8 and S100A9 as candidate markers in H-Ras-mediated human breast epithelial cell invasion. A. Moon, H.-Y. Yong, A. Dombkowski, D. Cukovic, S. Salagrama, D. Putt, D. Kaplan, H. Kim and H.-R. Kim Mol. Cancer Res. 6: 1544-1553 (2008).
b. Book Chapters
- E. S. Roberts-Kirchhoff, C. K. Kim, and H. Kim, Nitration of cytochrome C by peroxynitrite: A putative anti-apoptotic pathway mediated by prostaglandin H2 synthase and nitric oxide synthase. in Advances in Experimental Biology and Medicine: Eicosanoids and Bioactive Lipids in Cancer & Radiation Injury, 5. K. V. Honn, L. J. Marnett and C. Serhan (eds) Plenum Co. NY, NY. (2002).
c. Abstracts (Since 2006)
- Synthesis of fatty acid ethyl esters as biological markers for the diagnosis of Fetal Alcohol Syndrome. E. S. Roberts-Kirchhoff, V. Hornik-Rosinski, A. Ignagni, E. E. Cole, K. Fleischmann, Y. Yuan and H. Kim (2006) The Society of Toxicology (SOT) annual meeting, Abstract #1658.
- Competitive ELISA for fatty acid ethyl esters as biological markers for the diagnosis of Fetal Alcohol Syndrome. E. S. Roberts-Kirchhoff, J. Chun, V. Hornik-Rosinski, B. Jiang, Y. Yuan and H. Kim (2007) The SOT, Abstract #233.
- Drug metabolism response evaluated by antibody protein microarray in male Sprague-Dawley rats exposed to phenobarbital (PB), 1,4 dioxane (1,4-D), trichloroetylene (TCE), and ethanol (ETOH). D.R. Geter, L. Kan, D. J. Kaplan, S. Salagrama, A. A. Dombkowski, H. Kim, G. Bhaskar, and W. T. Stott (2008) The SOT annual meeting, Abstract #1595.
- Abnormally decreased levels of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug-activated gene (NAG)-1 and H6D polymorphism in lung cancer patients' sera. A. Joiakim, D. J. Kaplan, K. Onofrey, R. Hadad, D. G. Beer and H. Kim. (2009) The SOT, Abstract #1403.